Friday, February 18, 2011

My favorite podcasts


I do a lot of listening to podcasts at work, whenever I'm doing a rote task sitting in front of the computer. I have several that I return to again and again, and I thought I'd share them with you.

Nature's Harmony Farm - A wonderful hard-working farming couple that are inspiring to listen to, as much for the sweetness of their relationship as their commitment to farming.

The Survivalist Podcast - This podcast made me finally admit I'm a closet survivalist. Not in every sense of the word, but certainly in some of them. This guy, Jack Spirko, has a fascinating way of framing survivalism that incorporates permaculture and "plan for every possibility including nothing going wrong." Sometimes he really digs his heels in against the government and taxes, but not in a way that insults people with different political views. He is just very clear about his own. He gets an "A" for effort when it comes to reaching across political differences in his interviews, to discuss things of importance to all human beings like food, community, and values.

Agroinnovations - Some of these interviews are great...one with a long-time friend and student of Masanobu Fukuoka, for example.

No comments: